Mission Training Center develops people for God’s mission through training opportunities centered in the Bible and taught through the lenses of God’s mission. Participants confidently and competently reach into the community with appropriate and contextual proclamation and disciple-making ministry, as well as train and develop other apostolic disciples for God’s mission. So, if . . . .
- You want to be better prepared to join God in His mission by serving more intentionally in your congregation or community, or
- Your congregation is in need of well-trained missional leaders, or
- You are interested in serving in organizations which require or expect a level of missional Biblical competency & knowledge, or
- Your organization is interested in trained deacons for ministry, or
- You are on a track to enter a seminary program or another organization in order to take further steps toward trained and/or professional ministry . . . .
How are courses offered?
MTC offers three ways to access the learning:
- Online courses are taught using GoToMeeting, a voice-to-voice, live, synchronous method on evenings during the week or Saturday mornings. Courses are offered continuously throughout the year.
- One-on-one courses are taught locally, face-to-face. Courses are offered as scheduled by the participant with a local instructor (normally a local pastor).
- Field MTC courses are taught locally, face-to-face, at a local geographic site in a classroom setting to a group of people. Courses are offered as scheduled by the field site. Check with the MTC Administrator to identify Field MTC locations.
To check out the course offerings, visit: Courses.
NOTE: The Mission Training Center is affiliated with the Lutheran Church — Missouri Synod and serves many LCMS Districts in equipping a certified lay deaconate.